PHAsis PAUT Spotweld Inspection System
We present the new ultrasonic inspection device PHAsis®one - the first phased array spot weld inspection device offering a previously unattained physical resolution of the spot weld diameter more precise than 0.35 mm. The ultrasonic testing device was designed for the accurate inspection of resistance welded spots of steel- or aluminium sheets. It's ideally suited for the inspection of 2- or 3-layer joints with a single sheet thickness of 0,7 - 5mm. With PHAsis®one defect areas can be determined time-saving and precise.
Specially developed for usage in production.
- Imaging display (D-scan),
- More than 700 measurment points per spot weld in a measuring grid,
- Probe wih 20 MHz and 121 elements in an 11x11 matrix,
- Test area 9x9mm2,
- Short testing time of a few seconds per spot, approx. 500 - 800 spots per shift and device
- Extremely user friendly inspection- and evaluation software with minimal training
- Safe evaluation due to the imaging display of the inspection results
- Automated creation of an evaluation proposal for the spot weld quality
- Battery operated inspection device with low weight of 3.5 kg only
If you have any questions about our phased array spot weld inspection system PHAsis®one or need any advice, please contact us.
All data is organized by means of the PHAsis®manager administration software and synchronized with the PHAsis®one ultrasonic inspection device.
The data and user administration as well as the creation of various inspection plans are clearly designed for easy and fast editing.
The PHAsis®device inspection and evaluation software on the device is specifically designed by VOGT Ultrasonics for time-saving use during production. The intuitive operation guarantees a minimum need of training. The software of the device supports the customer with a live D-Scan and amplitude-based alignment points for the optimum focussing of the probe on the spot weld to be inspected.
The imaging display of the phased array technology ensures the safe evaluation of the inspection results. The created display of the spot weld with coloured depth imaging of the welded areas shows defects in the welding, e.g. pores or too small welding spots. By freezing the D-scan the inspection system automatically provides an evaluation proposal.
If needed PHAsis® communicates with the customer's data base by individually adapted interfaces.